I may be in the minority, but Summer and Christmas are my favorite seasons. And yes, I do refer to Christmas as its season because I have a strong hatred of winter. It may have a lot do with the fact that ice and snow are my kryptonite. More on that later. But fall does have its fun moments and for me, many of those moments revolve around Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.
Last fall, my best friend was prepping to welcome her new baby, and I was hosting her shower. We opted for a small and simple Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin themed shower.
We kept the decor simple and the games to a minimum. We played three simple games as the mom-to-be, and I are not huge fans of party games. But, we knew they were needed to keep everyone entertained. The first game was a guess the number of babies in the pumpkin patch. We packed a mason jar with candy pumpkins and plastic babies. The second game was a game of Don’t Say, Baby. Each guest was given a small clothespin and had to give it up once they said, baby! Trust me that is a tall order during a BABY shower. The last game was a door prize drawing.
Our prizes were even pumpkin themed with pumpkin scented soap and hand sanitizer. Yea, we know how to keep to a theme!
Since the baby shower was small, we kept the food simple and fall themed. Pumpkin pies, cheeseball, veggie plate, pumpkin spiced cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, and apple cider punch. Here were my top five things from the shower!
- Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin Invitations- I ordered the invitations from Etsy and then had the PDF file printed by Amazon. Of course, we adjusted the wording to fit a baby shower.
2. Charlie Brown Themed Chocolate Covered Strawberries- Dip strawberries in yellow chocolate and then pipe zigzag lines over the yellow chocolate.
3. Pumpkin Shaped Cheeseball – A party classic that I make for every family function/potluck. To achieve the pumpkin shape, I wrapped the cheeseball in cellophane and then drew lines with a butter knife and used a piece of green pepper as the stem.
4. Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes- I mean, can you have a fall party without pumpkin spice cupcakes? The answer is no, in case you weren’t sure.
5. Festive Vegetable Plate- This look was achieved with a dollar store orange platter and a small ceramic pumpkin.
Happy party planning!
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.
One thought on “Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin Baby Shower”