This simple apple crisp recipe is one of my all-time favorites. I’ve made it in so many variations: apple, apple pecan, strawberry rhubarb. The crips are always a crowd-pleaser and the perfect addition to your Memorial Day celebration.
Memorial Day 2020 is exactly one week away! It’s a bit insane, time in quarantine has flown by if you ask me. I’ve only just begun to plan our festivities, but they will certainly look different this year.
1 quart apple filling
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (or brown sugar)
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour pie filling into pie pan.
4. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Sprinkle contents of the bowl over the top of the pie filling.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Serve warm. (Optional: top crisp with ice cream.)
Are you making a patriotic dessert this Memorial Day? Planning a social distancing gathering? Check out a few of my past post for some great festive ideas: Memorial Day gathering , Americana macaroons.
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.