I have frequented a local pizzeria for years they serve the best-baked ziti. I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to serve baked ziti at a dinner I was hosting. I searched the internet for easy baked ziti, unfortunately, I didn’t find a recipe for exactly what I wanted… So, I experimented and have successfully adapted a recipe! It was a hit at my party and super easy to make. I picked up most of the ingredients from my local FoodLion.
1lb bag of mozzarella
2 8oz jars pasta sauce (I used sauce I canned last semester)
1 16oz box Barilla Zita Pasta
13.07 box of vegetable broth
15oz container of ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil pasta (use the entire box). Once the post has boiled strain the pasta, then place the pasta in a large bowl.
- In the same large bowl, mix in the containers of pasta sauce, a box of vegetable broth, ½ the mozzarella, and the container of ricotta cheese. Mix the ingredients together using a spoon until everything is evenly mixed.
- Place the pasta mixture into a 9×12 baking pan. Spread evenly into the pan.
- Top the pasta mixture in the pan with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
400 calories per serving/ 12 servings
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.