Now that Halloween has passed, its time to start planning for Thanksgiving. I’ve already started my dessert planning. First attempt, Pecan Cream Pie. My recipe is based off Together as Family‘s Pecan Pie, click HERE to see the original recipe. I slightly tweaked the recipe because, well I LOVE pecans.
- 9-inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 bars (8 oz each) full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons homemade vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1.5 cups finely chopped pecans + 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Roll the pie shell out in a pie pan. Bake the pie shell, and cool.
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Continue to whisk until the mixture is the consistency of whip cream. I used my kitchen aid mixture, to speed up the process. Set aside.
- In the kitchen aid mixer, blend the cream cheese, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
- Add the whip cream to the cream cheese picture. MIx together.
- Add 1.5 cups of pecans to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie shell.
- Top the remaining pecans 1/2 cups, over the pie.
- Cool the pie overnight.
The pie was delicious, but I don’t think it’ll make it to the Thanksgiving table. But, it will remain in my recipe box. Thanks for the great recipes, Together as Family.
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.