What could be better than combining three home grown ingredients into one nutritious meal? We grew the squash, tomato, and basil that I used for this recipe. The consistency of the meal is more like quiche and less like a traditional pie.
1 Pillsbury Pie Crust (or Crescent Roll)
1 Cup Chopped Onion-
2 Garlic Cloves
2 TBSP Butter
2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
3 Cups Diced Squash
4 Medium Size Tomatoes
6-8 Fresh Chopped Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust or crescent roll in the dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the following ingredients: 2 Cups mozzarella cheese, 2 eggs (cracked of course), 2 minced garlic cloves, and chopped basil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the pan on medium heat.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a colander to drain juices.
- Saute diced onions and butter together in a pan for 1-2 minutes or until onions are coated in butter.
- Add diced tomatoes and diced squash to pan and saute for ten minutes.
- Add tomato, squash, and onion mix to cheese and egg mixture that was previously made. Mix ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into a pie dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until brown.
Estimated calories: 295 calories for 8 servings.
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.