Peeling tomatoes is my least favorite summer chore. I love having homemade pasta sauces, salsa, and chili base. But, I hate the process it takes to prep the tomatoes. However, over the last few years, I have perfected a process I think you will find easy to replicate.
- Fill a pot with water on the stove and set to medium-high. Boil water.
- Fill a bowl with cold water. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the tomato.
- Cut an X with a knife at the bottom of the tomato. Don’t cut all the way through the tomato.
- Place the cut tomato, in the pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the tomato from boiling water and immediately set it in the cold water. The skin should begin pulling away from the fruit.
- Peel the skin from the tomato.
- Cut the top of the tomato and then core the tomato.
- You are now ready to use your peeled tomato in any recipe.
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.