I love pickles, in fact, every summer I make an abundance of canned pickles. The last few summers, my pickles have won the white ribbon (3rd place) in the local county fair.
Last summer, I over produced canned pickles and I had a stockpile on my shelf that I was unsure of what to do with! There is such a thing as too many pickles.
I finally settled on making vegan oven fried pickles. Let me just say they turned out fabulous! I’m planning to recreate the recipe for our July 4th cookout.
1/2 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup almond flour
1 package yeast
1/4 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup almond flour
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 package yeast
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place parchment paper on cookie sheets.
- Combine the crispy coating ingredients into a bowl.
- Combine the batter ingredients into a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Drain juice from pickles and dry with a paper towel.
- Take each dried pickle and dip the pickle through the batter mixture.
- Then, coat the covered pickle into the crispy coating mixture. Place pickle on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat process for all the pickles.
- Bake at 425 for 7 minutes, then flip the pickles and bake for another 7 minutes. The length of time is related to the thickness of the pickles.
These oven fried pickles were a huge hit! I can’t wait to try them again.
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.