As soon as 2020 began, we headed to Disney for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. And, was it ever a whirlwind but so fun. We did it all! From dinner in Cinderella’s castle to snagging coveted seats on the new Rise of the Resistance attraction. We even booked the meal plan and photo package.
What We Did Right
- Staying at Disney’s Carribean Beach Resort: We splurged and stayed at this moderate level resort. While I’ve definitely stayed at nicer resorts for the same price, the hotel’s easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios made park-hopping simple.
- Rise of the Resistance: We managed to snag a loading group to the new Rise of the Resistance attraction. It was worth the wait! I’m going to share all the details of how we got on later this week.
- Fast Passes: For some of our Fast Passes I hit the ball out of the park. We managed to ride the new Avatar-themed, Flight of Passage and the Safari at the Animal Kingdom.
What We Got Wrong
- Fast Passes: Yes, this is a pro and a con. While I did a great job with some of our Fast Passes, I really dropped the ball on others. Especially in Epcot, I seriously booked us a Fast Pass on Journey into Imagination.
- Underestimating the amount we’d be walking: I knew this would be an active vacation, I didn’t realize we’d be clocking 17-20k steps a day! Repetitively. Let’s just say, I wore my tennis shoes and workout leggings most of the trip.
- Checking our luggage with Disney’s Magical Express: Our resort offered us the option to check our luggage and grab our boarding passes as we check-out. However, Disney delivered our luggage to the airport after our flight had already taken off. Needless to say, we weren’t reunited with our personal belongings until 4:00 AM the next day.
I don’t know when we’ll return to Disney, maybe in ten years! It was insanely busy, exhausting, but also a ton of fun. What’s your favorite part of Disney?
- Amanda is a native of Richmond, VA. She enjoys writing, blogging, traveling, shopping, and spending time with friends and family.